This specification provides the definition of the Invoice message (INVOIC) to be used in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) between trading partners involved in administration, commerce and transport.
A message claiming payment for goods or services supplied under conditions agreed between the seller and the buyer. The standard invoice message, with correct data qualification, serves also as the specification for Debit Note and Credit Note messages. Throughout this document, the reference to 'Invoice' may be interpreted as conveying the wider meaning of 'Invoice/Credit Note/Debit Note'.
The Invoice message may be used for both national and international applications. It is based on universal practice related to administration, commerce and transport, and is not dependent on the type of business or industry.
- A seller may invoice for one or more transactions
- An invoice may refer to goods, items or services related to one or more orders, delivery instructions, call-offs, etc.
- An invoice may contain references to payment terms
- An invoice for cross border transactions may contain additional information for customs and/or statistical purposes/services
- An invoice may contain transport details.
Updated 6 months ago